Saturday, October 16, 2010

Allergy – a noun (usually plural – allergies)

an abnormal reaction of the body to a previously encountered allergen introduced by inhalation, ingestion, injection, or skin contact, often manifested by itchy eyes, runny nose, and wheezing.

If you have even been to Houston you have either witnessed the effects of or experienced allergies yourself. I only starting having allergy issues in the last few years and it has helped me be more sympathetic to those who walk around with red eyes, a drippy nose and continuous sneezing.
Now I have a new issue – allergy medication. Oh my word. Everything I have tried so far either doesn’t work to remove my symptoms or it gives me new problems that are worse than the allergies themselves!
But it's fall outside. Well, as close as we get to fall. And I want to be outside. It’s cool in the morning with a warm sun that turns the dew into tiny diamonds. And it’s warm enough in the afternoons to wear sweatshirts with shorts all day. This is the perfect outfit to be a little bit warm and a little bit chilly, but at least you don’t have to take a change of clothes wherever you go.
So today I am going to be outside. Some dear friends of ours have started a new church (Celebrate Life Church of the Nazarene) and I am going out to help them with their Grand Opening. I want to be in the sun surrounded by friends with a cool breeze in my hair…not sneezing, rubbing my eyes, or blowing my nose. But if I have to choose...I'll bring my own box of tissues!

No comments:

Post a Comment